Chanja Datti’s business will help to improve the health and living conditions of Abuja residents, create job and entrepreneurship opportunities, and contribute to the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals.
How Chanja Datti contributes to the achievement of SDGs
Chanja Datti is contributing assiduously towards the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) specifically geared at tackling climate change, ending extreme poverty, promoting clean water and sanitation, responsible consumption & production and fighting inequality with some of the associated goals and targets to:
- Tackle poverty, Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, and End hunger by empowering youth and women micro entrepreneurs.
- Help the youth micro entrepreneurs and others in the environment to attain basic education
- Promote gender equality by empowering women micro entrepreneurs and supporting girl-child education through self-funding initiatives.
- Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being by contributing to a clean environment and good living conditions through proper waste management
- Promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization by encouraging recycling
- Make human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable through its ‘live clean’ and waste recycling programs
- Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns by encouraging waste reduction, reuse and recycling.
- Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts , and protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystem, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt or reverse land degradation and arrest biodiversity loss by promoting environmental sustainability, and focusing on environmentally friendly processes by using modern technology, equipment and techniques, with use of little or no fossil fuel power to transform waste for re-use or for complete recycling into other finished products, with respect to global best practices and consideration for environmental health and safety.
- Partner with organizations across board to promote the environmental sustainability, live clean and empowerment programs