We are looking for individuals, corporations or religious organizations willing to collect and donate on a monthly basis all the ‘clean’ recyclable waste (PET bottles, beverage cans, old newspapers, old textbooks, corrugated cardboard, cartons, glass bottles etc.) they generate to support this initiative
Goal: Collect 10, 000 tonnes of recyclable waste through monthly waste collection drive, to raise N100,000. (For every 100 kg of recyclables collected, you are donating N1,000 towards the recycling-for-IDPs initiative.)
Why: To support women and children impacted by the ravages of Boko Haram who have been displaced through no fault of theirs. Based on on-site assessment and reports generated from some of the IDP camps, most of the children are denied or not accessible to basic education due to lack of funds and there is high rate of pregnancy amongst the women with lack of basic healthcare.
Who: Funds raised will be used to support (i) 10 selected women identified in the New Kuchingoro IDP camp or (ii) 10 children orphaned by Boko Haram attending LEA Primary school in Jahi/KadoKuchi for maternal and educational purposes.
- Monthly collection drive from your home, organization or church
- Recyclables are weighed and tracked
- Donation made towards your choice of maternal or educational purposes.
- Support women and children impacted by the ravages of Boko Haram who have been displaced through no fault of theirs
- Promote waste recycling and reuse as units of environmental sustainability.
- Clean up our environment and divert 10,000 tonnes of waste from our landfill
- Provide maternal and educational benefits to those in need.
- Promote CSR for your organization
Signup to participate in our monthly collection drive towards the #recyclingforIDPs initiative Are you an individual, corporation or religious organization? Partner with us on our recycling-for-IDPsinitiative